Thursday, January 17, 2019

Run every day in January

So to get into the habit of running I have set a challenge to run every day in January with one exclusion.  No running on squat day.  Half way through the month and we are right on track.  My mile time is getting faster and my distance is going way up.  Excellent.

January 23 Update:

So far I've managed to keep up with the program of running every day excluding squat day.  The weather has been some of the harshest winter weather we've had in the past 5 years or so.  Tons of deep snow, near 0 degree weather but I have braved it all.  My mileage has gone way up.  I think I just hate running around the neighborhood I've moved to.  There isn't much variety in the elevation and there's a lot more traffic compared to where I moved from.  It really is lame having to wait at a traffic light to keep moving.

I've been taking my baby over to my Moms house to run around the neighborhood I grew up in which has been very nostalgic.  It's nice running somewhere I'm familiar with but also seeing how much its changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment