Friday, October 11, 2019

Getting paid to lose weight is it really possible?

Eventually I would like to write a book about getting paid to lose massive amounts of weight.

Part 1

Apps that claim to pay you for exercise.

01. Achievement

I downloaded achievement on October 27th 2018.  On day 2 I had about 2,500 points.  A quarter of the way towards my first big $10 payout.

November 6 2018
After spending some time with the app I've found some more activities that add to my point total.  Entering health data like my heart rate, tracking swims, logging food with myfitnesspal.

November 28 2018
It's been about a month and I'm 4,133 points.  So not quite half way there to my big pay out of $10.  I have started entering other exercises into Strava for the points.  Manually entering an activity gives you about 6 points.  So swimming a mile and entereing it into strave gives 6 pts, entering a weight lifting session gives 6 pts, adding your weight to myfitnesspal gives 6 pts.  I believe this is to dissuade you from entering all kinds of activities for easy points.  The biggest earners so far are cycling and running.  A 2.7 mile run gave me 20 points, 7,619 steps also gave 20 points and 10 miles of cycling gave 36 points.  Cycling for 35 miles gave me 80 points.  I enjoy cycling and try to do one big ride a week between 50 and 70 miles and my commute to work these are the big earners.  Running and walking do over lap I believe.  Samsung health counts my steps during my runs adding to the step total.  How long until the big pay out?

January 23 2019

6,743 points.  The run every day in January program has been instrumental in earning more daily points.

May 5 2019
I hit the 10,000 point mark and redeemed my $10 gift certificate.  As of today October 11 2019 I am well past the halfway mark to another $10 reward.  This year due to working more and cycling much less as well as not doing the surveys in the app I am admittedly going a little slower.  However I am on track to hit another $10 jack pot.  Had I stayed committed to putting in time into the app I may have been able to get $30 this year.  Not a bad incentive to put in some work.

April 9 2020
I did it again!  Got another 10,000 points and received another $10 payout.  Unfortunately the birth of my son, a transition to a demanding new job and plenty of other stress factors set me back pretty far.  I still have issues with stress eating from time to time.  I think the new job and the covid 19 grocery scares lead me to stress eating.  Perhaps there's an instinct to gain fat when you know food may become scarce.  Either way I have rededicated myself and began working hard and counting my calories again.  I'm not proud of the amount of backsliding I let happen.

I have come up with a plan to run before work and to run after work I have a particular challenge I'm going to tackle each day.  There is an Indian mound close to where I work.  It is 65 feet tall and has around 100 steps (I will count them the next time I run) and is 800 feet in circumference.  So the plan is to run round this bad boy each day then run up and down the stairs.  Today 4/24/2020 was the first day.  I made it about two thirds of the way up to the top before really feeling it and having to walk the rest of the way up.  Originally I wanted to do the mound stairs to train for the Kaymoor mine stairs in West Virginia counting in at 821 steps.  The plan is to run around the mound then up and down the stairs 10 times.  This should get me as ready to conquer the Kaymoor stairs as I can in Ohio with what little hills we have.

I am rededicated to earning more money from Achievement!

Cycle Delivery Apps


Part 2
Actual ways to get paid for being physically active.

Start cutting grass and doing manual labor for friendly baby boomers and retirees.

Healthy Wage
Make bets and nearly double your money.

Dog Walking Apps



No comments:

Post a Comment